Apache Click™ is a modern JEE web application framework, providing a natural rich client style programming model. Apache Click is designed to be very easy to learn and use, with developers getting up and running within a day.
- Very easy to learn
- Component and Page Oriented design
- Event base programming model
- Stateless (with support for light-weight stateful components)
- Server-side Ajax support
- Exceptional performance
- Automatic form rendering and client/server side validation
- Supports Velocity, JSP or FreeMarker page rendering
- Supports Java 1.5 and up
The design philosophy behind Click is best summarized in the Swedish word lagom which translates to not too little or too much, but optimal.
If you want to dive straight into some code examples see the User Guide Introduction.
For those interested in the design philosophy and background of the framework read Why Click?.